Tuesday 12 February 2008

Cheapassfilms presents the internet sensation...



Since I discovered how to put things on youtube, I've become a bit obsessed with seeing how many hits our films have had [yes, I know, my mother didn't give me enough attention or something, what can I do?]

One interesting find what this site Tube Mogul which gives you statistics and some lovely graphs [although not a venn diagram] to show how many of your films have been watched - I recommend checking it out - it's free and it can do some other stuff which I can't be bothered to go into right now [plus they aint paying me, so I'm not giving them too much of a free plug]

Anyway, that was a rather long and rambling introduction to the puzzle that is "Just why is Blood Sucking She-Freaks of Satan so popular?"

Blood Sucking She-Freaks is a film directed by Ed Hunter, and can be found in 2 parts on our youtube channel [you know the url by now people] and its basically an extended trailer for a vampire film that was never made - lots of pretty cool cheap blood, pretty girls and weird backwards shit that Ed is known for. Yet it's got the second highest viewing figures on our site [for the highest, check the UFO film entry below]

Why is that?

Is it the name? The Tags people search in youtube? Does Ed have a lot of Goth friends? Check out the film and see if you can figure out exactly why people love this, rather than some of the more elaborate, well scripted and crafted films up on the site?

And remember - Beware of the Vampires - LESBIAN VAMPIRES!!!!

No comments: