Friday 8 February 2008

Idiots in Time Part 6 [The Stunning Conclusion]



The end, finish, weren't we all happy when it was over? Even if filming did end with a whimper rather than a bang, standing in a clod car-park on a Saturday morning, dressed in poundshop costumes and freezing our tits off waiting for people to turn up - although the fight scene looks alright, for something I made up as I went along, and the robot hand scene is probably my favourite bit of the film.

The ending was slightly more problematic, as it was initially intended to be a massive, Benny Hill style chase, if I recall, which needed at least 20 extras [whom, by the way we were sure would turn out, as after last year [Acoustic Warriors - which I'll probably write about soonish] everyone was fired up and eager to help out the Cracktown boys, apart from, it turned out, they weren't, especially cos it was a bit nippy and too early and they all had stuff to do...] So anyway, we pretty much made it up as we went along, which is okay, but narratively, it shows a stunning contempt for the audience [which, to be fair is Cracktown's stock-in-trade] but also, I had to appear on camera - which I hate...

Anyway, thats about it for Idiots in Time. I'll write more about some other stuff next week, maybe even some old, old stuff...

No comments: