Monday 11 February 2008

R.I.P. Chief Brody



I don't normally get upset when famous people die - after all, it's like I knew them personally, plus what with the being dead inside and everything, but this morning I heard that Roy Scheider had died, it brought a little lump to my throat, and yes, I think I got some dirt in my eye or something, no, it's not a tear, honestly...

Anyway, Jaws is my favourite film of all time [yes, even higher in my estimation than Breakdance Two (The Electric Boogaloo)] A perfect blend of character driven drama and blockbuster style action which remains peerless even these 30 years after it first opened.

So let's have a little pause on a grey Monday morning and say goodbye to Chief Brody of Amity Island.

Here's to swiming with bow-legged women...

No comments: