Saturday 16 February 2008

The Terror of the Behemoth...



Being a big fan of 50's B-movies, I always had an idea to to some kind of homage / pastiche, and this is my second attempt, I guess [after Revenge of the Mutant Ants - which I haven't uploaded yet] I was initially going to cut together loads of scenes from various B-movies, with my own special effects, reasoning that all these films had interchangable plots and characters, but then I decided that was too much like hard work, and just cut together a trailer for a film that never existed.

In true B-movie style, it is mostly stock footage [from trailers for War of the Worlds and When Worlds Collide], with another stirling hand puppet courtesy of Ms Wendy Richards [see also the dinosaur in "Idiots in Time"] The puppet is based on the monster from "The Giant Claw" - possibly a candidate for worst movie of all time, if only it were a bit more famous - it has the same shonky charm as and Ed Wood movie, plus it has a giant radioactive space monster that's as big as a battleship. So this is my little tribute to that film

The effects are mostly basic AfterEffects things, which I was just starting to learn at the time. Im rather pleased with the thing, and the death-ray eyes look awesome

No comments: